CALS Leadership Institute
CALS Leadership Institute is a unique leadership development program for undergraduate students enrolled in the College of Agricultural and Life Sciences. The program aims to prepare students with the skills to enter the workforce or a professional school in an increasingly global society. The Institute provides opportunities for personal leadership development, understanding leadership in an organizational and global context and determining the importance of the agricultural and life sciences in an increasingly interconnected world.
Over the course of 17 months (3 semesters), students will engage in leadership modules, an international travel experience and a mentoring relationship, among other opportunities. These leadership experiences are meant to prepare students for positions in business, communications, science, natural resources and graduate studies.
- Leadership and Organizational Development Skills
- Mentoring Program
- Guest Speakers
- Service Opportunities
- International Learning and Service Opportunities
- Creation of a Personal Portfolio
Selection Process and Eligibility
Students are selected through a nomination and interview process based on demonstrated leadership attributes and academic achievement. Learn more>>
- CALS undergraduate student enrolled in one of 21 CALS majors
- At least 3 semesters of coursework remaining
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
- Minimum of 40 credit hours completed
- Ability to demonstrate leadership potential