CALS Ambassadors are a seasoned group of speakers who regularly address diverse audiences throughout the state of Florida and at national events, often speaking at high schools, community colleges and civic organizations. Their objective is to create awareness of the academic programs and career opportunities in food, agriculture and natural resources among students, teachers, advisers and the general public in the state of Florida.
Ambassadors are a select group of students who have demonstrated outstanding achievement in academics and student leadership. Serving as an Ambassador is an honor and distinction. As the official hosts for IFAS and CALS functions, they assist with many events including alumni gatherings throughout Florida, where they provide a vital link between alumni, CALS and IFAS.
Ambassadors typically serve for a period between 1-2 years in length. The program does not offer academic credit.
- Represent the CALS, IFAS and UF at a variety of events and activities
- Develop public speaking and other career-building skills
- Network with agricultural, natural resource and life science professionals across the state and nation
- Travel the state, country and world representing the College of Agricultural and Life Sciences, IFAS and UF
- Meet and guide prospective students
- Participate in community service and volunteer activities
Visit the CALS Ambassadors page to apply.